General Fiction posted December 17, 2010 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Saved for the moment

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

My Angel, I think!

by Begin Again









Lying in the gravel, Jake cradled his head. His stomach quivered. Vomit spewed everywhere. His imaginary crown of success dissipated.

"Bastards, all of you," he moaned. Alone, abandoned by his fellow teammates, his destiny appeared bleak.

Their celebration flashed through his foggy brain. He'd made the winning goal, assuring their high school team the championship trophy. Afterwards, someone poured tequila shots in his honor. One drink led to another, and then another, until the damage was done.

His best friend turned cruel and heartless, discarding him like yesterday's rock star, and vanishing into the night.

Any opportunity of survival lost. Yet, foolishly, he had no regrets.

Approaching footsteps sent shivers down his spine, followed by waves of relief.

"My angel. You saved me."

"Dad's going to kill you, Jake."

He gulped. "I'm not already dead?"

"You'll wish you were in the morning." They staggered toward the house.



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: drink - rock - damage - heartless - destiny - cruel - abandon - lost - regret - bastard. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking or drank)

Recognized


Thank you Mino Yasue for the use of one of your outstanding pieces of artwork.

Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: drink - rock - damage - heartless - destiny - cruel - abandon - lost - regret - bastard. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking or drank)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.