Spiritual Non-Fiction posted November 8, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Virtues of doing for others

The Greatest Gift

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)

The Greatest Gift

Giving is the greatest gift you can receive. When you give to others, it will come back twice to you. A look on a face and a heartfelt thank you are so much more meaningful than a materialistic gift you might receive.

Materialistic gifts are used or not, but rarely bring to mind the good things about the person who gave them to you.

An easy way to help others is a 'random act of kindness.' If the shopper in front of you is a quarter short, give them 25 cents.You will both have a better day! Smile at the grumpy sales clerk as she checks you out and wish her a nice day, she just might have one. Compliment someone's clothing. We all like to think we look nice. Answer the phone politely and maintain that attitude throughout the call. Even telemarketers have feelings. Be nice to bus drivers and people you meet on the street. One of my local stores has internet coupons weekly, but many shoppers do not have access to the internet. Each week, I make several copies of the coupons and hand them out while I shop at the store.

One of the best ways to help others is volunteering. There are literally hundreds of volunteer jobs in any area. Volunteering covers a lot of different possibilities. You can clean a park, tutor children or volunteer to work with the elderly.

My volunteer job is working at an adult daycare doing arts and crafts 16 hours a week. I am disabled and no longer able to get a job in my field, but by volunteering, I receive more enjoyment and satisfaction than at any job I have held. They look forward to me coming, and I for sure look forward to going there!



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.