Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 22, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
From where my thoughts originate

The 23rd Psalm

by amada

Up from my many valleys of death, up from the sum of my wants, up from the total of my weaknesses, comes my need to write poetry.

My spirit, dimpled and dented, feel a pull to completeness; the gentle stroke of poetry takes away the heaviness of my bones. And refreshed, I find myself carried on to the green pastures.

So I pick up a pen. It becomes my rod. I hold it light, knuckles soft and mild, fingers ready to dance, heart and hands in perfect release of relentless pursuits, and I wait for my Shepherd's comfort.

As I hold onto His promise of abundance, my blank paper bursts to overflow with a banquet of syllables dressed as seeds. Each seed becomes a blossom and my freckled fingers feel the call to gather its petals in a symphony of rhythms, music, light. They guide me to celebrate the birth of a child, the verdant peak of a tree, the square root to infinity.

Like a sacred balm, the fluid mystery of His waters spread peace over my soul, my skin, my sins.

Unfolding grace, my earth-bound being can't comprehend. All I know is that when I write poetry I feel closer to grace. And in the process, I feel I am already dwelling in the house of the Lord.



Why Do You Write Poetry? contest entry

Recognized


Thank you Belinda. Your prompt allowed me to search deep into myself. And I found the answer in my special psalm. What a great gift you gave me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. amada All rights reserved.
amada has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.