Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 1, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Our survival depends on it

Compassion Must Be Eradicated

by Bananafish308

"Compassion is the Toxin of the Soul"


This has always been my mantra. The discerning mind need only look at the state of the world today to see the simple truth in this statement.

Take a look at our own country, for instance. As a compassionate society, we waste many millions of dollars a year on social programs to help those too lazy to help themselves. We the taxpayers are held hostage by a small, but powerful segment of our population known as "compassionate socialists." Their strategy is to propagate the myth that child hunger in the United States is at a record high, in order to exploit the collective guilt of our society and extort ever more money from us.

There may be a modicum of truth to the issue of child hunger in this country, but the compassionate socialists have distorted it well beyond the reality. Besides, haven't they ever heard of survival of the fittest? Before humans became too evolved for their own good, and some brain surgeon fabricated this concept of "compassion", Natural Selection was a built-in mechanism that controlled population. As a result, the world didn't experience the widespread shortages of food and water that it does today.

This argument aside, if we accept the premise that, to some extent, child hunger in the U.S. is an issue that needs to be dealt with, the inescapable question that begs to be asked, is: Who is responsible for feeding these children? The self-evident answer is the parents.

Why should those who toil every day to feed and clothe their own children, be forced to do the same for children that are not their own? At the same time, the parents sit home all day smoking pot and watching soap operas.

If one is not yet convinced of the evils that result from compassion, consider the ongoing conflict between social welfare and corporate welfare. As stated above, social welfare consists of taxpayers' dollars that subsidize the cost of providing for those in need who refuse to help themselves. On the other hand, corporate welfare is an integral component of our socio-economic system. Consider that every dollar wasted on social welfare, is one dollar less than can be allocated to corporate welfare programs.

Some time ago I came across some statistics on the amount of taxpayer dollars allocated to social welfare, as opposed to corporate welfare. I am not sure of the complete veracity of these numbers, but I believe the proportion is fairly accurate. According to these statistics, almost $51 billion dollars are apportioned to social welfare every year, while only $167 billion is allocated to corporate welfare.

This is only a ratio of 3 to 1, while the proportion should be at a minimum of 5 to 1, in order to sustain current levels of corporate profits, which are the minimum that a viable capitalistic society needs to maintain. It seems dubious that our major corporations can continue to pay out the reasonable annual bonuses that corporate executives deserve.

This insidious blight threatens to undermine the very fabric of our nation. We are talking about the dissolution of the upper class, as we know it. These corporate executives, who have so selflessly served their companies for the betterment of mankind, will now be made the undeserving scapegoats for the ills that have befallen our once great nation.

The lawmakers in this country need to act with swift and decisive resolve, in order to avert disaster. As I see it, they have two options:

Raise taxes on the middle and lower classes, to subsidize corporate welfare. The upper class has carried the load for too long and it is about time that the middle and lower classes foot their fair share of the bill.

or

Institute further drastic cuts to social welfare programs. The Clinton Welfare Reform Act did not go far enough, and we need to get serious and give welfare reform real teeth. In this way, these funds can be diverted to corporate welfare programs before it is too late. This would serve the dual purpose of providing much needed money for corporations, while at the same time forcing more Americans to get jobs, thereby providing more tax dollars, which could be put right back into the corporate kitty.

We, as a nation, need to to take a stand once and for all, and not allow ourselves to be manipulated by the evil agendas of the compassionate elements in our country. We must defend the hallowed value of corporate profiteering, which made this country great. If we fail to heed the obvious warning signs, we risk suffering the same fate as other great nations throughout history, who brought about their own demise by succumbing to the seduction of compassion.



Satirical Essay contest entry

Recognized


Contest requirements:
Take an idea that you consider to be ridiculously wrong. It may be immoral, outrageous, or just stupid and ineffective. It may be, for example, an existing governmental policy, or it may be something you've completely made up. Write an essay taking the side opposite to your view.

You may use reverse psychology or otherwise write it in such a way that no one in his right mind could think you are serious, but you must never explicitly state your true side: e.g. "Obviously, I'm being sarcastic." or "But, of course, that would be ridiculous."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bananafish308 All rights reserved.
Bananafish308 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.