Spiritual Fiction posted November 17, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
You are never alone.

He Is

by Janilou


A Short Christian Story. For anyone who needs to know . . . He Is.















Sitting in my office, I heard the sound of angel's wings rustling behind me. 

I turned in time to see my Father, God, touch the angel's cheek with the gentleness of a spring breeze. I watched in amazement -- how He loves all of His creations. The angel lifted his head, smiled and flew out through the open window.

God stepped forward and rested His hand on my shoulder. "You look sad, child."

I brushed at my tears, and smiled, as if I could fool Him. "Sorry, Father. I almost forgot You were here. It's just that, well, life has been so messed up this week." I swallowed hard, thinking of the funeral I'd just attended. "Why do people drink and drive? My poor, dear friend has lost her husband, and those children have lost their daddy. Life just isn't fair."

"Don't cry, child. He is with me."

"I know, God, but it's so hard being the ones left behind down here."

"That's why I came."

"Will you help her feel better? Will you heal her heart, Lord?"

"I will."

"I know she must feel so alone, Father."

"I am holding her right now. I love her so much."

"It's so hard for us to understand Your purpose, sometimes, Father, but how can we feel so alone? How do I ever forget You are right here holding me too?"

God just smiled, and the warmth of His love wrapped around me like the softest quilt of down on a cold winter's dawn. 

I clicked the mouse, bringing 'You Tube' onto the screen.

"Listen, Father. This is the latest song by your son, Mark Schultz. It's called "He Is."  Isn't it beautiful?" 

"My son honors Me."

I blinked away fresh tears and leaned my head against His glorious robe.

"I'll go visit her, Father. I'll tell her how much You love her. If only we could see heaven, perhaps it would be easier to bear the pain of waiting."

"Look with your heart, child. Can you see heaven's souls now?"


The music streaming from my computer was dwarfed by the appearance of thousands of souls, and a myriad of angels, all singing the beautiful truth of the lyrics along with God's child, Mark. . . 'He is, He was, He always will be . . .  He lives, He loves, He's always with me; even when it feels like there is no-one holding me . . . be still, my soul, He is . . .*

He understands your pain, He loves you, and He will never leave or forsake you. He is your Father, God.



Recognized


I started writing this several weeks ago but didn't seem able to finish it. Now I know why. On November 8, 2009, a good friend of ours was killed in a car accident, leaving his wife and four children behind here on earth. We need to be reminded HE IS GOD, and He will comfort us, love us, and never leave us, not ever.

* Lyrics by Mark Schultz. Mark Schultz's song, He Is, currently holds the number 7 spot on CCM's Top Twenty Countdown on the Christian Music Chart.
If you would like to hear this beautiful song . . . go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1dElIkD3hU
Or here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXgdXkCBOyM&feature=player_embedded
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.