Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted August 27, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Things are crazy right now

Too Much Drama

by Stacey Lynne Wells

Hey Guys,

Things are just way too dramatic. Ug! So I signed up for a membership to The Fitness Center so I could lose a few pounds each day considering I'm fourteen pounds overweight. Tell me about it. So I went and signed up on Tuesday for this membership thing. I went in today for my orientation and medical history form. Everything seems to be checking out good. So then, I decided to do my first work out today. I worked out with this girl named Kaitlyn. She was very nice. We worked on the eliptical, the bikes, and we lifted weights. So my dad bought me a lock with a key because they only have those pathetic combination locks that don't work with my blindness. So, I rented a day locker and changed into my work out outfit and all that jazz. So the work out went well and I went back to my locker to get changed and ready to go do some more work. As I'm getting my outfit, the general mannager, Donna, walks in.
"Anna, can I talk to you?" She asks.

"Okay," I reply.

"I talked to Esther with disability services and she wants someone to go with you to the fitness center. Until you talk to Esther, you are limited to doing the eliptical and the bike."

So basically you're telling me you want me to get fat because all you give a damn about is pretending I have an injury? I'm not three years old. I hate people who have the impression that blind people can't do anything. It's racist and prejudist like the whites treated the blacks in the 1860's. The blacks said "it is our country just as much as it is yours". Well it is my fitness center just as much as it is theirs. Just because I'm blind doesn't mean I can't work out. I used to work out every day when I was living in Anthem with my father. We went to his gym. I've worked with two personal trainers and am very capable of getting around and using the machines. I kinda burst because people have been sticking their noses in my business. When will they leave me alone? I got kinda short and lost it. I just lost it. As Kaitlyn and I were changing, I just let it all out. I was angry at Esther. She didn't think I was capable. Well, I'll show her.

So, I packed up my bag and went to KSC to talk with Esther if she was around. I talked to both Esther and Christina. I had an appointment on Sept 4, which was test day for math. The good thing is I am going to be able to see her tomorrow morning and perfect timing too because I will have Math 120 right after I see her. So i can give it to my math teacher. I talked with Christina and told her I was upset and I just lost it. I tried to keep it together, I really tried. But I broke down crying. She was there to comfort me which is what I needed. Now, instead of being upset with Esther, I'm upset with Donna because she made it bad like I can't do anything and I have to be followed like a todler under constant supervision. That isn't the case at all. Christina said that most likely, someone was going to show me around the fitness center and all that jazz. I just can't handle all this drama. Things are crazy enough as it is. I have to do 15 math problems tomorrow and I have to figure out how the heck I'm going to get 134 dollars in my account to pay for my classes. This is so screwey and crazy. I guess that's how the first week of school is full of drama. I'm a pretty emotional person and I'm also tough. I can take pretty much anything that's thrown at me, but I get offended easily and what was said in the gym really offended me. Maybe Donna didn't say I can't do anything, but she definitely implied it and that really hurt my feelings. Well, that's all for now. See you soon.

Anna


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Stacey Lynne Wells All rights reserved.
Stacey Lynne Wells has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.