Family Non-Fiction posted April 16, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short, short story about Christmas Eve at home.

Heaven's Divinity

by GentleWind

Mama's kitchen was always crowded, but especially at this time of year. It was one day before Christmas and it was time for our labor of love. The most anticipated event of the year!

It would begin by Mama boiling a big, but ordinary-looking potato. Excitement spread through the house as the potato went beyond ordinary to extraordinary. There was alot of movement in the kitchen as the surface of the table was being prepared for the transformation.

Finally, the moment had arrived! The potato was cooled and was quickly shed of his skin. It was soon pulverized into mush and my job was to pour powdered sugar into it as it was being kneaded. One by one, the coveted job was spread among the entire family. First me, then Dad, then my sister, and then me again. The final stages of candy-making was almost complete.

Rolling out the potato confection, creamy peanut butter was then carefully and gently spread upon this lily-white divinity. It soon became a loaf of confection delight. As Mama slowly cut the loaf of candy, smiling faces anticipated the awaited prize: the very first piece!

With my sweet craving fulfilled first, we went about the business of packaging it. Many boxes filled with a taste of heaven and our blessings went out among our community. Our "Christmas Creation" took about four hours to make, but after all was said and done, God's love flowed sweetly through our home and the streets of our tiny town on that Christmas Eve.



Recognized


This is a fond memory of every Christmas Eve at our house.
Help me to refine this. Thanks
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GentleWind All rights reserved.
GentleWind has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.