Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted April 4, 2014 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Where & Why Of These Christmas Songs.

A chapter in the book My Really Truly Christmas Songs

Introduction

by Sankey



Background
A book of my own compositions and poetry, resulting from a very strong need I felt to point us all to the real meaning of what has been known as Christmas.
I recently changed the title of this book. These were not meant to take the place of the genuine Christmas Carols.
 
Most of these were written in the mid-1970s during a break in work for my time at Macquarie University, on staff. Macquarie University is much bigger today than it was almost 40 years ago when I wrote most of these songs. It is the second youngest University, located in the City of Ryde in our State of NSW on the East Coast of Australia.

I had felt, for a long time, the need for something pointing to the fact that a lot of so-called "Carols By Candle Light" shows really did not concentrate on what the true message of Christmas actually is.

Hence the inspiration to write the lyrics and compose the music for most of these Christmas theme songs. The only one composed later, is the first one "He Came To Die For You" which was written in 2002.

May your hearts be open to the real message of the time of the coming of our Saviour to the world to save us from our sins. This is and was my total reason for these works of inspiration.
There are four Christmas songs altogether.
                                                                                                                         
INDEX

He Came To Die For You.

First Christmas

Glory To The Lamb

He Came.
 
 
 
 



Recognized


The picture is a nativity scene. Sorry, I don't know who it belongs to. Let me know if you have problems hearing the music. Unfortunately, they won't work on Mac/Apple Cell or Tablet. Windows Media Player should be ok. I can provide the MP3 files via e-mail, should you desire. This has been at "All Time Best" for a long time but being the time of year and that a friend wanted to see these I Am putting g them up again. Hope you can find the Carols following this introduction.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.