General Poetry posted October 3, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
In Honor Of Tom Clancy and tribute for his fans.

The Hunt

by Mike K2

Running silent, running deep;
the Russian sub in fearful mystery steeped.
Heads of states scratch their own deep in thought,
would nuclear havoc be wrought?

Jack Ryan, the man with intelligence and gut instinct;
and the military talent of an entire nation in sync.
Figuring out how to chase down a dastardly invention,
and figuring out how to capture an errant sub's attention.

A web of chess being played regarding two nations,
traps the reader's Chinese checkers imagination.




Tom Clancy (April 12, 1947 - October 1, 2013)

The photograph is from Wikipedia and is of a Typhoon Class Soveit Sub taken Bellona Foundation. Work is copyrighted, but permission is granted provided it is attributed to them under licensing terms.

It has been a bad year for me as there are only three notable people that I wanted or requested to meet; Ray Manzarek (keyboardist of the Doors), Darryl Read (worked with Ray on a few projects,a beat poet and one of the fathers of punk rock and actually wanted to meet me if he visited the states) and Tom Clancy. That famous author of government and cold war era spy thrillers. All three of these people have died this year.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.