Supernatural Non-Fiction posted February 1, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A composite of true stories of supernatural events

I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost

by justjo66

Do I believe in spirits? Of course I do. In my sixty-four years I've experienced too many things not to believe in something like spirits, angels, or demons. I do believe that we humans are made up of body, soul (emotions), and spirit. Now, the question for me is, "Can humans come back in spirit form?" The verdict is not in yet for me on this subject. So, I will tell you a few of the events of my life when I definitely knew there was something going on out of the range of normal human behavior.

My first memory of supernatural happenings was when I was in the 5th grade. My family moved to an old farm house back in the country. The house had a long hall between the kitchen and a bedroom. The first time I ever heard heavy footsteps in that hall it was late at night and I was studying in my room. My parents were gone and I was alone. At first, I thought my Dad and Mom had returned home. I got up and went to the kitchen and opened the door to the hall. There was no one there. I called my parents' name and no one answered. I got so spooked I ran and got in the closet (as if that would have helped). My parents said it "was probably just the old house creaking." But I knew it had been a man walking in the hall with heavy boots. This happened on many occasions always when my parents were gone. One night my grandmother spent the night with me. She woke me up frightened telling me there was someone in the house. I just laughed and told her it was our ghost.

After I grew up and got married my husband and I moved into a beautiful large brick home. He was gone to work one day and I was in the bathroom combing my hair. I felt a hand on my shoulder and thought it was my husband. I turned around quickly and no one was there. It really spooked me. We moved out of that house soon afterwards.

Another time it was very late at night. I had driven to church alone and was on my way back home. We lived far out in the country with dark roads. Suddenly my car just stopped running at the foot of a pretty steep hill. I was sitting in the middle of a dark road with no houses anywhere in sight to call my husband (this was before everyone had a cell phone). Over the hill I knew there was a K-Mart. I was afraid to get out and walk the approximate mile to the store but it looked like I didn't have a choice. As I gathered up my coat and purse the car suddenly began rolling up hill. It rolled all the way up the hill and into the parking lot of the K-mart. I was stunned but thanked God and His Angels for getting me to a safe place to call home for help. My husband could not believe what I told him at first but there was no other explanation for what had happened.

So many other things have happened to me. I will tell you one more which is my favorite . My daddy died of Leukemia in April 2002. The last time he had been at my house was New Year's Eve 2001. He and my mother came up and we played penny ante poker which was our tradition. My son James and his new girlfriend Donna were also home from Louisiana that year. My dad collected dimes. His explanation for his quest to obtain all the dimes was so that he could say he had every dime he ever made. It was kind of a running joke. Dad would pocket every dime off the table as soon as it appeared on the table. My mom and dad were very competitive when it came to cards. They would be very careful to keep their money separate so at the end of the game they could tally up "who had the most money." Of course Daddy would not let us know how many dimes he had collected. He replaced each one of them on the table with like change so the dimes were now his to save.

I can still see him sitting at my kitchen table playing cards and laughing, sliding those dimes out of the pot and putting them in his pocket.
Strange how after his death I started finding dimes in the oddest places. I would go into the bathroom where just moments before the floor was perfectly clean to now find a shiny dime. I'd get out of my car and find a dime in the seat or on the pavement. I've found dimes while out walking in the woods and just all kinds of places. I now pocket them and think, "Hello, Daddy...thanks for reminding me you're still around watching over me. I love you."

Daddy keeps sending the dimes. I now save them...so, I can say, "I have every dime my daddy has ever given me."




Spirit Proof contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.