General Poetry posted November 8, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
No matter how one tries to avoid it, for fear of being hurt.

The Light of Love

by Mike K2

How can it be penetrated?

A man's heart.
Hurt and calloused over;
to love totally resistant.

Yet a special eye
turned in his direction,
a subtle smile as his blood
finds love in an instant.

Nay! He says! No, no more!
Enough I shan't look back again,
he can't help himself...
Another glance.

This time her voice born upon the air,
and his reflective spirit
jostles him to once again care,
this unexpected chance.

A meeting once again,
he can't help but care.
In that light of love he preserves
the flame with a photograph.

Visions fill his head; love, his heart...
He feels a fool being
pulled by another's string;
a pawn of a Godly choreograph.

Not to be a pest, but necessary ...
to compliment her best;
a simple compliment engulfs his
soul with an indulgent,
yet embarrassed blush.

But he now fears!
What he hath always saw;
some invisible trespass
which would break his heart
and create in her...
That last straw.

Not anticipated, is the chance to join
with her the closeness he really desires.
The struggle pervades in him;
the rejection not yet come,
or love's soulful fires.

While he sings to the Heavens,
his praise laden psalms;
he also hopes she understands
his heart's plied alms.

She became his miraculous metal,
no matter how the future's sway.

With love's grace upon him...
As if lamp filled of endless oil,
to still light heart's way.






This poem is one of those deals, you may find youself ridiculed in your home town and find yourself assigned with dubious motives; yet it is embraced by those outside of the realm you travel in. This poem is publised in Poem's of the World, Volume 17 No. 1, Autumn 2012. In such publications, inclusions of, "love poems," is very rare. I feel so honored to have the message of the poem, preserved!

With all my heart, I would love to pen the dedication to this, but my mind says not doing so is best, the same with the now cherished photograph.

The photograph is from the Wikipedia commons, and is public domain. The author is listed as Arne Hückelheim.

11/11/12 Well, I guess you can say that the true dedication is now pending Eve's permission. While I might consider this woman a blessing from God, I feel I have attracted Jim Morrison's spirit and his was my advisor. In the finality of plucking daisy petals, sort of got the feeling that Jim would not feel it was an act of poetry, unless the poet at least presented it to the person it was written for. While I was willing to take my lashings, I wasn't prepared for the shock and tears that she was so considered with.

11/18/2012 I would find out that another attributed poem regarding love would have a lasting effect with me. I was escorted off of the Jewish Museum of Maryland Property and asked not to come back. I loved the museum and their programs and simply asked if I could attend the events so I could enjoy them, as well prove myself a sincere, honest and decent person ... And they said, "No." In all fairness, the woman this poem was penned for offered my money back; but I refused as I now considered it, "blood money."

11/19/2012 Final revision:

Since this was a dedicated poem, I wrote the ending stanza as:

Her grace upon him...
As if lamp filled of endless oil,
to still lights heart's way.

In evaluating my concluding experience; everything in this poem was heartfelt and meant specifically for her, though there was little grace with the end for me. I still feel she has all those qualities that were lauded, but not the maturity, knowledge or humanity to allow for a much better conclusion.

I decided to change the last stanza to:
With love's grace upon him...
As if lamp filled of endless oil,
to still lights heart's way.

I still have that same love, and wanted to separate it from the reality that the other person had none for you, yet the love you experience is so very real. I decided to honor that feeling by making, love, as if an entity.

To be honest, I feel no shame in what I had done, creating this poem, or the horrible outcome that occurred.



I took the bus home, and couldn't take my mind off of this song.

12-13-12 - I do have to note that since my great bannishment from the museum, I have now been receiving an endless stream of Emails from Jdate. Most likely this came about through spyware and my belief that God isn't Jewish, but is actually Yiddish and does possess a sense of humor, but such is my life and no, I am not interested in anyone else's picks for me.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.