This contest has ended. But there are over 50 other contests that you can enter. Click here to view our contest listing. Please click here to view the results of this contest.
To get started you will need to create your free account. Click here to create your account.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a serious contest for serious writers.
WORD COUNT: 500 minimum to 1200 maximum
* NO fun entries
* NO poetry
* NO fiction
I am looking for information which will help writers get their first book published.
I will not be entering this contest and I am hoping that the right, knowledgeable, people will enter into it.
The sort of information this contest wants:
1. Anything useful or informative.
2. Suggested length of a novel. Some say 50 000 words, but I have noticed that 'block-busters' are usually much longer than this.
3. How does 'trialling' your story through Fanstory help?
4. Perhaps there are some publishers out there who will not take anything which has been put online through the likes of FS... I would like to hear about them and why.
5. Please provide useful internet links for readers / writers.
6. How to get hold of publishing companies - whenever I 'Google' them - I seem to come up with 'self-publishing option websites.'
7. Explain advantages / disadvantages of certain types of publishing.
8. Many people publish through Amazon. How does this work? Is it worth doing? Do they assist with editing, etc.
9. The internet is never totally SAFE. Can we really protect a good work on a site like FS? If so; how come some publishers may not want to touch it? Or do none of them mind?
10. If we have a truly excellent story to publish - which is the best route to take: e-books, paperback...?
I want the people who respond to this writing contest to be proud of their contribution and therefore your names will be displayed with your valuable input.
I wish you all the best!
'Go for it!'
The First Prize Winner will win the complete "Prize Pool"
which is based on the number of entries. The Prize Pool is currently 30.00 member dollars. There are 12 spots still open. If all open spots are used the prize pool will be 90.00 member dollars.
In this contest at least 2 submissions must be made for the vote to begin.
This contest is open to all members. Past contest winners can join the contest.
A voting booth will be created shortly after the deadline is reached. At that time all participants will be contacted so they can vote.
The voting booth will include this summary of the contest:
1. The writing must be informative, educational and helpful.
2. The word count must be between 500 (minimum) to 1200 Maximum) words.
3. The presentation must be encouraging to read and it must have be well edited.
This contest is full. There are no reserved spots remaining.
There are a limited number of entries.
A vote by writers will determine the winner. The decision is final. All members that submit a work are encouraged to vote. A member can not vote for their own work.
One entry per person. New entries to the site only. If you already posted a work on FanStory.com that work is not eligible for a contest.
Deadline: Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Click the link above to submit your entry. Members with reservations can use the link provided in their contest profile.
Members may not request votes, mention contest entries, or notify potential voters of the vote by private message or other means as specified in the contest terms. The site automatically checks for this form of communication. A break in the contest terms will result in the cancellation of the account.
This contest is full.