General Non-Fiction posted May 18, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
From A Journal That Wasn't Written to be Read

My Confessions

by Videl Sky


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘It’s hard to think to the future when I don’t want to be here anymore’

‘It’s weird because before yesterday I just felt empty and not sad but just empty and gone - I can’t describe it but now I feel too much like I’m feeling everything like a hysterical I am crying I’m laughing but I’m not really happy I can’t help it I feel broken, or something is wrong I don’t even know - I don’t know who I am anymore.’

‘I just keep feeling the urge to just slit my wrist there’s an itch in my hands just to hold the knife and just cut and like I just think about it all the time now and I think about what it would be like to shoot myself and I think about it all the time and I don’t know how to stop and I don’t know if I can.’

‘…then he hugged me. Which was fine until he started shaking and crying. I don’t think I’ve seen my dad cry before, not like this, and it made me feel so guilty. I felt like I was suffocating in the guilt and self-hatred.. my dad shouldn’t have to be that scared.’

‘The guilt that sits in my stomach is heavier than any meal I could eat.’

‘I may not kill myself, but I really don’t want to live anymore. I want to cut and cut and cut until I actually like what’s left. But I know deep inside that there is nothing. I will cut until there is nothing left. I want to feel every slice, every bit of pain. I deserve it I deserve it I deserve it.’

‘I remember when I promised people that I would tell them if things started getting bad again. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to do it. They all think I'm doing so much better, and I don't want to let them down. I saw this quote once and it went something like, “everybody wants to hear that it’s getting better, no one wants to hear that it's getting worse.” I think about that a lot.’

‘I have a philosophy class that really makes me think that my mind seems to work so much different than everyone else's. We were asked, “If there were researchers that had a perfect world simulation, where in it, what you thought to be the perfect world for you would play out, would you go into it? It would only be for 2 years in the real world but could feel like a lifetime in your head.” I said of course I would do it, thinking it was the obvious answer. Everyone else said no. ‘No’ they said, ‘because when I get out, I would realize how sucky the reality we live in is.’ And I laughed to myself a little, because my reality is already shitty, and I would jump at the chance to literally make up my perfect world and be able to live in it. And if I got out and realized I couldn't deal with our reality anymore? There’d be an easy solution.’

‘For the first time since I can remember, the thought of dying sickened me.   :)’

‘I think I am actually going insane. Nothing feels real. I don’t feel real. Reality is a construct and I am a byproduct of it. I am scared to go to sleep. I am scared to stay awake.’

‘Times like these are when I really wonder why I was born. If I am going to suffer so much that I wish I would die, then why was I born in the first place?’

‘Did you know that when tulips dry up, they turn white? I didn’t, until I looked up just now. They seemed fine yesterday, but today the eerie clash of color stains each of them. It’s beautiful almost, but sad, because I know I will have to throw them out soon.’




Mental Health Awareness Week contest entry


These are old excerpts from a journal my counselor had me keep when my depression was at its worst. Though I never meant to share them, I hope that at least one person will find comfort knowing that if I was able to make it out the other side, so can many others.

On another note, the grammar in these entries are all over the place - I left them unedited because I feel like it shows the rawness I was experiencing in the moment.

The Photo is: Romance Dreams Of Tulips Photograph by Miss Dawn
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Videl Sky All rights reserved.
Videl Sky has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.