Writing Non-Fiction posted May 6, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Reason why I didn't get my 40 winks.

Sleepless in Kitty Hawk

by GWHARGIS

It is 5:25 a.m.  I normally don't wake up until about 6:20.  But, I didn't get one minute's worth of sleep last night, despite taking melatonin, have the grandkids this weekend, going to an art show, and doing four loads of clothes.
 
I didn't sleep for one reason.  That reason was the sequel to Miranda.  I have written about twenty pages over the past two weeks.  I wrote it long hand on yellow legal pad paper.  And, I must say, I like it so far.  
 
As most of you know, I never outline my stories or novels.  They just happen.  I think of my stories like I think of life.  Everyday is an adventure.  It's like walking around a dog park.  Most days you miss any random piles of poop but some days you just step right in it.  That's life. It is how I feel my stories are, random piles get stepped in by my characters.
 
Well, last night Miranda told me the whole dang story.  I mean everything, right down to the closing scene.  And, I couldn't be rude and ask her to continue once I woke up in the morning, so I just laid there and took a lot of mental notes.
 
There is one thing she has asked me to pass along and that is, FORGET EVERYTHING YOU READ IN MIRANDA'S TROUBLE IN PARADISE.
 
Forget Mr. Starling, forget Preston, forget Bill, Rita's husband, and the strip club.
 
I am going to finish "Saltwater Ghosts" before I proceed with the Miranda sequel.
 
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damned excited.
 
Now, on to my first of many cups of coffee.



Recognized


You may think this is fiction but it ain't.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.