General Fiction posted May 4, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What to write about the last day of Earth?

The End.

by Barry Penfold


We knew it was coming. When, was the unknown. Until today.

The earth tremors began at about two in the morning and continue as I write. More severe now than before, and the wind velocity is rising.A grey cloud with an orange tinge builds slowly to our west. Communications have ceased with any other persons.

It is as if the Earth is berating us for one final time. Reminding us, that we had many chances but did not do enough. Nature does not care about who should die. Or how.

We cuddle. Afraid.Crying. The end.

Another era beginning.




Journal Drabble writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
You keep a journal regularly. Something devastating or apocalyptic happens. You are no more. At some point in the future, your journal is discovered. What does the final entry say?

Anything goes for 100 words.


The Earth will end some day. I guess I would just tell it as it is. How I would feel.
Take care and make the most of each day.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Barry Penfold All rights reserved.
Barry Penfold has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.