Biographical Non-Fiction posted May 15, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Want to make it to 100.

Loving Life

by HarryT


I popped out of my mom, head first, 83 years ago. Lived in Chicago and attended St. Gall school. Made communion and confirmation and graduated. Went to De La Salle Institute, played basketball and baseball, wrote for the school newspaper and sang in the chorus.
 
Dated Susie while at Loyola. Got engaged but she gave me back my ring. I cried and spent three days in my parents’ basement. Went on to graduate school at Northwestern and then began my career in education. Meet my first wife while teaching at Glenview Junior High. Had two children and then we divorced.
 
Became a principal and a superintendent. Married my secretary and then retired and became a headmaster of a private school in St. Louis. Returned to Arlington Heights and taught at Benedictine University. Retired again after having two heart attacks and a double bypass. Still going, writing, bowling and loving life.



Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.